Stacy is a displaced Indiana Hoosier who spent her early years riding in vans with bands while working for the best indie record labels in Chicago (at that time). She's been a New Yorker (twice), a Londoner (briefly), a desert dweller and an Angeleno (three times now). She worked for Damien Hirst for a short time and returned triumphantly from the Station to Station tour with uber-artist Doug Aitken. She helps spread the word about cool creatives like: jewelry designer Nina Savill; an LA based chef Sandra Cordero/Gasolina Cafe; spearheads the Los Angeles Makers design collective and helps to run an arts non-profit, ART from the ashes. In her spare time she bakes for her side project, Cookie Route, is a DJ on KCHUNG radio; and once, in 2006, she got to cast zombies for the Gorillaz and Madonna performance at the Grammys.
Posts by Stacy Conde:
- Desert Tripping at Desert X
- Ed Moses Chance and Circumstance at William Turner Gallery
- Camille Rose Garcia “Phantasmacabre” at Corey Helford
- Artist Talk: Kim West at Hauser Wirth & Schimmel
- Moncho1929 “Organically Known” opening at Lab Art
- Herakut “Masters of Wrong” at Corey Helford
- Vivian Maier at Merry Karnowsky/KP Projects
- “Disguise” + Los Angeles Makers at The Fowler Museum This Sunday
- Kim West Tiny Paintings – tomorrow 11am!
- Travis Louie “Watch the Skies” at Merry Karnowsky Gallery